Fellas, follow our seven-step guide to walking in heels and hit the streets like you were born on a catwalk come August 27th.
1. You’ve got the altitude, now you need to channel the attitude. Stand tall and poised, shoulders back, chest out, back straight, butt tucked under. Think Marilyn. Monroe, not Manson.
2. While standing still, place weight on heels using toes for balance. Don’t wobble. If you start to fall, fall gracefully and roll, shoes in the air. Do not break a heel. Do not take anyone down with you.
3. Walk with feet positioned straight, toes pointed forward. Heels should be vertical to the ground, not horizontal.
4. Walk placing one foot in front of the other with a smooth, even stepping motion beginning at the heel and rolling to the toe. Primarily walk on the balls of your feet, using the heel for balance. Remember to suck in your cheeks. Face cheeks, not butt cheeks.
5. Move your hips and swing your arms for balance. Swing your arms. Do not flap them. You cannot fly, though with shoes like yours you’ll feel like you can soar.
6. When climbing stairs, make sure both sole and heel land together firmly and simultaneously on each step. When descending stairs, only the sole of the shoe needs to be planted on each step. Avoid walking up or down any stairs.
7. Stick together. Use a friend as a crutch. Make sure you leave the proper distance between you and your friend in proper bro hug fashion. Once stabilized, use the bro hug double back tap combo to disengage.